My First Nomination for the Mystery Blogger Award (Second Blogging Award Nomination Ever)
Hi there, lovelies!
I am super excited writing this today! I’ve been nominated for the Mystery Blogger Award by the ever-lovely Lauren at Not Your Average Girly Girl! I enjoy her blog so much, it is elegant in appearance but chock-full of all the eye-catching, beautiful content you could ever want, particularly fashion, beauty, and makeup! You should go check her out because you won’t be disappointed (or bored)!
The Mystery Blogger Award was created by Okoto Enigma, whose blog I first discovered and started reading when I was nominated for this award. Upon first glance, her blog is streamlined and sophisticated. I can’t wait to check out some of the fashion posts I’ve been eyeballing, but for now I’ll stick to this post. This is what she says of the award on her blog:
“An award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging, and they do it with so much love and passion.”
I’m actually flattered that anyone could read that description of the award and think of me!
- Put the award logo or image on your blog. (I made my own original, custom award logo for this to put in my sidebar, but the original award image will forever be in this post)
- Thank the person who nominated you and link their blog in your post.
- Name the creator of the award and link their blog.
- List the rules.
- Answer your nominator’s questions.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- Nominate 10-20 people.
- Ask your nominees 5 original questions of your choice.
- Share link to your best blog posts.
- Notify each of your nominees by commenting on their blog.
Here are the questions from Lauren and my answers:
1. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up, and did that happen?
A: I have always wanted to be a writer. Sure, the idea to be different things and go in to different professions always flitted in and out of my mind, but they never stuck like being a writer did. I’ve always wanted to write books, and I’ve always done it. It was only recently, however, that I decided to shrug off all of the daily excuses that kept me from working on it like it was an actual job, and sit down and pound it out on my keyboard. So I’d say just recently I truly became a writer, but I guess I’ll wait ’til I actually finish the damn book before truly calling myself one.
2. What is your all time favorite meal to eat?
A: It used to be nachos for the longest! I want to say that it still is, but that would be lying to myself. Unfortunately, I’ve grown up, and nachos have been demoted to the second place spot on my favorite meals list. My top favorite is now Bacon Cheeseburger and Fries. Doesn’t matter from where, even home-cooked, as long as it is delicious (and it usually is I mean c’mon have you ever had a bad bacon cheeseburger and fries?)
3. Are you a pool person or a beach person?
A: That’s tough! I actually don’t like the beach a whole lot… Lake beaches are dirty and crowded most of the time; ocean beaches, while beautiful and amazing places, just terrify me (deep water, marine life, etc.). Pools on the other hand are only nice when they are in your backyard, not crowded, or super upscale (or at least super clean and nice-looking). But if I had to pick one, I’d say a private ocean beach.
4. What fictional place would you most like to go?
A: I demand two answers! Okay so… The Citadel and Illium from the Mass Effect series, (this counts as one answer as they are just a hop, skip, and a light-speed spaceship hyper-jump away from each other), and then Dorne from A Song of Ice and Fire. Future and past, baby!
5. What is your favorite season?
A: Of Game of Thrones? Probably the first or the third… or maybe the fifth… Just kidding. I like mid to late spring the best.
Here are 3 things about myself, and I will try to make them interesting:
- My favorite time of day is early, early, early in the morning. The earlier it is, the happier I am. I have an irrational fear/hatred of the afternoon, especially if I’m home alone. It’s like all of my anxiety and depression are most active in the afternoon. I don’t know why I’m this way but I guess it’s just the way I’m wired, chemically or internally. I like nighttime well enough, but I go to bed really early (usually between 10p-12a, which is early for my age!)
- I play video games a lot. You may already know this about me, but what you may not know is that I’m usually pretty extreme with it. I either don’t play for days or I go weeks where every day I play for 4-5 hours (not always in one big chunk, but yeah). Sometimes I feel bad because of my lowered productivity on some days, but not really. It relaxes me, and it’s what I do for fun, which is just as important as work. Right now I’m focused on GTA V Online, that game is addicting because of the sheer number of things there are to do! I’m also playing some Fallout 3, which is amazing for the same reasons! (Long, amazing game with tons to do.)
- I’m an aunt! A lot of people may not know this about me, but one of my younger brothers had a baby earlier this year. She is so beautiful and absolutely gorgeous and just… I love her! If you go to my Instagram and scroll down a bit, you can see a couple of pics of the darling girl. Unfortunately, I have not even met her in person yet. I moved away from my home state late last fall, and haven’t been back to visit since. My boyfriend and I are planning on going in a few weeks, so I’ll meet her then. Until then, my mom sends me lots of pics and vids of her.
Here are my best blog posts (the ones that I think are the best in terms of content, writing, and pictures, not necessarily the most popular) :
- My 18-Step Nighttime Skin Care Routine – I wrote this post a long time ago, when I first started my blog, and before I had even a single follower! It’s really long, because I detail each and every product I use and the purpose of the steps in my routine. When I first got the idea to write a blog, I knew I would write about my long nighttime routine because, well, you just don’t meet people with long routines like this! People are generally shocked when I tell them about my routine. Most people want fast, simple, and easy, but I want long, exaggerated, and complicated… At least when it comes to skin care! Because it was early in my blogging career, this post got buried, and didn’t get a lot of attention, views, or love. It would mean a lot to me if you guys all checked this out! It’s long so even if you just scroll through, I’d appreciate it! ❤ I’ve been thinking of posting a re-do of this post sometime in the future, with updated products, so keep an eye out for that!
- How to Gain Confidence in 5 Steps – Another early blog post that got buried, I really like this one. I knew I wanted to write this early on because, about three or four years ago, I went through a major shift in self-perception, and got a major confidence boost. I went from this person who didn’t think very much of herself, to this person who looked in the mirror every day and saw beauty and worth, even though I still suffer through low times, of course. It was such an important, life-changing time for me, and I honestly had no idea that people could have such strong metamorphoses like the one I had. I wanted to turn my experience into a blog post, composed of 5 easy and simple listed steps, so everyone could relate and hopefully someone would find it beneficial and helpful. Please check it out and let me know what you think 🙂
- 10 of the Trendiest Colors and What Your Favorite Says About You – This one is different from most of my posts, style- and content-wise. I honestly think it’s so funny… It’s silly and fun and colorful and girly. I got inspired to do this silliness by all of the magazines I read, physical form, on Snapchat, on Facebook, the Internet, Instagram… etc. It’s just a game, really, and I was hoping that people would like it. I include it here for two reasons: a) because I spent literally like 12 hours creating the post over the course of 3 days, and, b) because it didn’t get a lot of recognition! Check it out when you have a chance and leave me a comment about which is your favorite color and if my description fit the bill ❤
- All of my posts – I love everything I post here… Otherwise I wouldn’t post it! I take pride in creating all of my original content, from the writing to the photography, and I make sure I’m proud of the originality as well as the quality before clicking “Publish”. So if there’s any posts you’ve been meaning to catch up on here on my site, I invite you to keep coming back and doing so!
Here are my nominees:
- Annie from Annie Likes Words
- Amy from Amy Pope
- Laura from Lauzie’s Lifestyle
- Courtney from Courtney Livingston
- Monte from Healthy Life Perspectives
- Trina from Trending with Trina
- Kris from Dreaming of Pink
- Azra from Simple Serenity
- Hannah from An Anxious Mum 101
- Ana from Fashionanita
I only nominated 10, because I usually do the bare minimum like that (lol). As always, none of these bloggers are obligated to accept, but they are the ones who I feel like deserve the nomination for this award, whether I’ve been reading them for months or for mere minutes.
And here are the questions for these bloggers that I’ve nominated:
- Do you have any pets? What kind of animals are they, what are their names, and why did you choose them/where did you get them from?
- If you could exist in any fictional world for only one year before coming back to reality, where would you live and why?
- What are 3 things that you are most thankful for each and every day?
- Would you rather: Have the power to read minds, or have it so that everyone believed everything you told them, no matter what? (I guess this would be called super-persuasion or super-lying? Idk lol it’s all fun.)
- If you could go back in time and tell your 7-year-old self anything at all, what would you tell your child self?
So there you have it! I hope you all enjoyed reading a little bit more about me, and I hope these bloggers appreciate their nomination from me (as opposed to, say, being annoyed hahaha) and I hope they like their questions! I wish you all a wonderful week, and thanks for reading! Feel free to drop me a comment down below if any of this has intrigued you ❤