Vegan Pumpkin Spice Mini Muffins ~ Fall Recipe
Happy Saturday, lovelies!
I hope everyone is having a fantastic weekend so far. Mine is pretty darn good! Getting some insta and blog work done as per usual, and gaming and streaming a lot with my Xbox One S. My bf worked the overnight last night and is going back in to do it again tonight so before I spend my thrilling weekend evening fully immersed in my video games, I feel I should get some more productive things accomplished. On top of doing a few chores, baking my favorite cookies (Almond Chocolate Chunk) and making some yummy chicken, butter herb noodles, and sweet corn for dinner, I’m also going to be finally sharing this hotly anticipated (on Instagram) recipe with you all! It is of course, my recipe for my Vegan Pumpkin Spice Mini Muffins.
This is my second fall recipe that I’m sharing on my blog this season, and I have about three more that I’m going to probably share before I get into winter recipes. This winter, expect many vegan soups, hearty and warming stews and savory slow cooker recipes, but for now, I’m still in full-on pumpkin mode.
Pumpkin spice, to be precise! These little muffins are completely vegan and chock full of delicious fall flavor. Nutmeg and pumpkin pie spice add to the taste, and sugar and applesauce sweeten it up. You can even add your own adorable little cupcake holders, like these red and white polka dot ones I found at the grocery store.
They are quite simple to make, so easy that even a beginner can do it. Plus, it’ll only take you 10 ingredients, 10 minutes of prep, and 10 mins of baking. So what are you waiting for? Scroll on down and check out this adorably autumnal recipe for yourself!
Recipe: Vegan Pumpkin Spice Mini Muffins
Yield: a dozen mini muffins
Prep Time: 10 mins
Bake Time: 10 mins
(2) cups all-purpose flour
(1) tsp baking powder [I accidentally used too much in my own recipe, and while it did turn out fine, I’m still not sure the exact amount of this, so I’m guesstimating the correct amount]
(1/2) tsp salt
(2) tbsp sugar
(1/4) cup applesauce
(1/2) tsp nutmeg
(1/2) tbsp pumpkin pie spice
(1/4) cup canned pumpkin purée
(1/4) cup melted coconut oil
(1) tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a mini muffin tin with paper wrappers as shown above, or lightly grease with coconut oil.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, and pumpkin pie spice together in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine sugar, applesauce, canned pumpkin purée, coconut oil, and vanilla, then stir.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet mixture, stirring until just mixed. You don’t want it to be over-mixed or too smooth, just stir the lumps out of it.
- Pour the mixture into the muffin tin slots, evenly dividing the mixture between all 12 molds.
- Bake at 350F for 10 mins (exact baking time varies by oven, just keep an eye on them and insert a toothpick into the middle of one of the muffins to test when it’s done, if it’s pulled out and it’s clean, they are done)
- Allow to cool for a minute or two before extracting the muffins from the tin.
- Enjoy for up to a week!
And it’s as simple as that! Before long you have delicate and delectable tiny delights that are relatively healthy and perfect for any fall foodie! These are actually quite good, and didn’t last long in our house at all.
So what do you guys think of this recipe? Do these just look and sound so wonderful and yummy to you, or are you so totally over pumpkin spice for this year? Let me know in the comments below, as always I’d love to hear from you, and I hope you all have a great rest of your weekend. x